Monday, October 23, 2006

Interesting new job...

Saturday night at the hotel was pretty busy. Room service were flat out so spent the best part of an hour running food up to guests. It wasn't all bad - I managed to amount a fair few tips, which I wouldn't have received from purely performing security duties.

A ball with a fair few people and live performers provided a lively distraction for the evening.

Today I started my induction/training at my other security job, at a large entertainment/hotel complex. I've been waiting to work for this company for a while now, so unlike most other jobs I've done, I'm very positive and enthusiastic about the company and the work, which has been reinforced by speaking to both experienced and new security guards, who bestow praise upon the organisation and speak highly of the work involved. For once I might finally have a job I don't have reason to be exceptionally cynical about!

It also transpires that there's more than enough hours to do full-time and then some, so I might end up making this job go through a transition from other to the job! I shall be doing plenty of shifts this week, so watch this blog for updates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home